Photos

Holme House Mill c1850 before the fire in 1884 which destroyed the rear buildings in this photo leaving the foreground building now called Jowler Mill

Holme House Mill Jowler Mill pre 1884 fire

Holme House (Bridge) Mill, Booth, where water power was in use until 1941. The mill had been owned by the Ogden family since 1769

Holme House Mill

Holme House Mill David Greaves

Holme House Mill 1920;s David Bland

Holme House Mill Water Wheel

Holme House Bridge Mill

The grave of 7 orphan girls that were rescued from the workhouses of Liverpool only to die prematurely in the employment of the Luddenden Dean mills and buried in the Wesleyan churchyard at Wainstalls

OrphanGrave

1842 Ordinance Survey Map of Jowler showing the previous mill building

OS Map 1851

1894 Ordinance Survey Map of Area showing current mill building

1894 OS Map