History

Holme House Mill Jowler Mill pre 1884 fireHolme House Mill, Warley
Wade Wood.
Aka Jowler Mill, Luddenden.
Built around 1812 by Jonathan Bracken for his daughter Agnes.

Owners and tenants of the mill have included
John Garnett [1818]
Jonathan Garnett [1827-1839]
Hoyle & Greenwood [1864]
Thomas Hoyle & Son [1871-1877]

In 1933, the engine was converted to a turbine.
The Mill used water fed from the Cold Edge Dams by a goit which ran along the hillside.
See Cold Edge Dam Company and Grotto Terrace, Warley
Transactions of the Halifax Antiquarian Society: Titles Photo Gallery This and associated entries use material which was kindly contributed by David Greaves